Sections

Monday, March 29, 2010

DC On Tap - March 29, 2010

I've got two big reasons for you to run, not walk, to the Church Key in D.C. Bell's HopSlam on Cask and Founders' Kentucky Breakfast. They're on tap now (and, according to the waitstaff, had just been tapped this afternoon, and probably not for much longer. I encourage you to call before heading over, to see whether it's still in stock.

I started going to Church Key as soon as I relocated to the D.C. Metro area. I have to say, I was impressed the moment I walked in the bar when I saw their draft list. They also tempt their local beer geeks by placing a couple of extremely rare brews on the shelves right behind the bar. From what I can see, there's a bottle of Dark Lord Imperial Stout, some New Glarus Unplugged, and a bottle of the famous Black Albert brewed by De Struise for Ebenezer's Pub in Maine. I anticipate spending many a night (and a decent chunk of my paycheck) at this wonderful spot. Kudos, gentlemen, for putting together such a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment